Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Breaking Down The Barriers: How Do I Forgive & Claim My Healing?

As I continue to work on "Discovering The Shepherd," I think about the many things that hinder Christian believers from experiencing the fullness of their relationship with God, particularly His love and His favor. In fact, one of the main reasons that I am writing this book is to help believers gain understanding of their relationship with the Shepherd of the Psalm. My hope is that with this understanding, every reader of the book will be drawn into deeper relationship with God and will get to the place where they are living in His fullness.

Recently in prayer, I asked the Lord to reveal to me one of the main things that was standing in the way of this happening in the life of every Christian believer and He answered very simply, "Forgiveness." This really resonated in my spirit because you need only turn on your local news to get a glimpse of how wounded people are inside. Childhood wounds, relationship wounds, abuse wounds, divorce wounds... choose any of those and you can probably name 10 people suffering right now from one or more of these issues. No matter what the nature of the wound is, the story is always the same: someone at some point caused the person harm and left them wounded.

So what does this have to do with forgiveness? Well, Jesus specifically instructs us to forgive those who have hurt us and I believe He pointed this out to me as a major hindrance for believers because He sees that we really struggle with keeping this instruction. In fact, the topic became so deep that I ended up writing a complete new study on it that I want to share with you. Here's what the study covers:

*WHAT EXACTLY IS FORGIVENESS? (I think you may find that it's not exactly what you think it is)
*WHY SHOULD I FORGIVE & HOW DOES IT BENEFIT ME?
*WHY CAN'T I JUST TAKE REVENGE?
*HOW EXACTLY DO I FORGIVE?
*ARE THERE EASY STEPS THAT I CAN TAKE TO GET STARTED?

For this study, I would like to take a week and interact with you each day through video and written notes in order to break down each of these topics. I also have an Amazon best selling book on forgiveness from a wonderful Christian author that I would like to give each participant. Is this something that would interest you? Do you need help understanding forgiveness or getting started with the process? I am currently still writing volume 3 of "Discovering The Shepherd," but I am willing to take time to set this course up if it will be helpful to someone who is ready to be healed from past hurts and move on to a more fulfilled future in God.

IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HAVING A FORGIVENESS COURSE STUDY, please submit your information via the form below. If there is enough interest, I will go ahead and set the course up. It will take place online and will be accessible from any computer or device with internet capabilities. I look forward to sharing all the information that I have with you and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey to a closer relationship with the Shepherd!

*EVENT CLOSED*

No comments:

Post a Comment